Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2 - Do You Have Quite a Few Cards to Send?

Rolling along with our theme of the 25 Days of Christmas Crafting, we hear the carolers sing:
On the SECOND day of Christmas, my crafter made for me,
TWO Christmas CARDS (and that pretty Christmas ornament to hang)…

Hi there - Linda here!


You know what - I used to feel totally overwhelmed when it came to sending out Christmas cards.  Well I still don't start early enough but I have found some shortcuts.  I make my cards - I just cannot buy a Christmas card - they aren't the same.  I want feeling in mine!  But how did I make it?

Well perhaps my way of creating Christmas cards/Birthday cards/etc. will help you out.  Below is a very fun card I made for this year's season.  Altho not all that religious, it still conveys the message.


 This is the finished card minus the interior sentiment at this time.  Now take a look at the following image to see what the card was comprised of and how could I possible make multiples of this card so easily?

See my secret?  I make multiple images and color them all at the same time - usually watching tv in the evenings underneath my Ott lite for great depth of coloring.  Then I fussy cut the images at another sitting.

Now check out the ribbon on the card - it really is just flat ribbon that I have rubbed stitches on - you can see the rub on stitches yet that remain on the fun sheet of rubons.  

The background has been impressed with the cuttlebug dies - I have several ready all in winter and Christmas theme.  Then I merely distress them with a lovely sand or brown (very lightly) to get more depth.

Do some pop dotting and the front of your card is ready.  I'll now stamp my sentiment inside.  Some people print their sentiments from digis and then remount.  Either way is good.

Hope I helped you - Have a great holiday season! 

1 comment:

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!