Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Friday, May 27, 2011

APRIL SHOWER BROUGHT US MAY FLOWERS!

Welcome to Scrapbook Place's monthly blog hop!  Our theme this month is "April Showers Bring May Flowers" so you will see FLOWERS featured in all of our creations.

If you just happened upon this (the last) blog hop, you will want to go back to the beginning of the hop - Lindsy's blog - and follow through to see all the beautiful creations!  Have fun hopping along with us and now take a gander at a quick pinwheel rosette that YOU can create in minuets (without a die)!

This card was created by one of our members for another blog challenge with a well known company.  This tutorial, however, is solely on the pinwheel rosette you see in the upper corner of the card.
A dear friend (Hi Jinky!) taught me how to do this lovely flower.  She and I have both used our boards from Crafter's Companion.  HOWEVER, you do NOT have to have a board.  Simply take a 1 inch x 12 inch strip of paper you want to form your flower out of (I used patterned paper) and score every 1/4 inch of that flower strip using a ruler and a board or just bend and fold with your fingers.
Now as usual I've varied in my method of constructing the flower.  After scoring every 1/4 inch, I flipped the paper over and scored every 1/2 inch.  When you are working with paper there is a grain.  And if you want your mountain and valley folds to really look great, I found that by flipping it again and doing that 1/2 inch I had great success.
Have yourself a thin piece of double stick tape ready or very tacky glue and fasten the two ends together to form the above pinwheel.  It will want to spring on you, so be prepared to use both hands!  :)  You will have a center opening that you will probably put a button or another delicate flower in.  But for now, just keep it lying flat, and...............
put a square of double stick raised mount tape on the back.  This will help keep it from springing now and when you are ready to adhere to your project, just pull the paper away from the adhesive.
I had these fun flowers in my flower bin from K&Co. so pulled one out and hot glued it to the center of my flower.  Then I attached to the SUMO card.  Now leave us some love, and tell me if you are going to try making this flower!

~*~ DEETS ~*~

Stamp: SUMO - Digi from Hambo Hoedown Stamps
DP:Stash
Ink:Kodak Easy Share printer
Embellishments:various from stash
Copic: E11, E00, E000, 0

Thank you for joining us in more inspiration!
In the group were (just in case you want to try it again!):
Lindsy
Leti
Allie
Annette
Shannon
Linda
Debbie
Teresa
Diane
Donna
Pat M
Anna
Rhonda
Holley
Jinky
Scrapbook Place Group Blog

Remember to leave us some love!  Comment please! And leave us a link to a flower project you have created!

3 comments:

  1. I made it through all the blogs!!!!!!!!!
    I did not find Aliees for our group just one for another blog so I skipped it. I did not see a picture on Rhonda's but her blog is cute. Everyone else YOU ROCK!!!So many wonderful and talented gals on this group. Tutorials were so easy to follow and a blessing to me. Keep up the great work
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog hop guys!! Woohoo!

    Holley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pinwheel rosettes! I really need to try this wonderful technique. I have a set of Sizzlits dies to make pinwheel rosettes but haven't tried them yet. This inspires me to take the rosette plunge! Hugs, Anna

    ReplyDelete

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!